Our Hotel at the University of Alabama
When visiting the University of Alabama, Hotel Capstone is the best choice for your lodging needs. Ours is the only hotel on the University campus, located adjacent to the Paul W. Bryant Museum, Bryant Conference Center, and Alumni Hall. We are located within walking distance of the athletic complex, Bryant-Denny Stadium, Moody Music Hall, The University of Alabama Law School, and the University Quad.
All About UA – The Capstone of Higher Education
Founded in 1831 as the state’s first public college, The University of Alabama is home to nationally acclaimed academic programs and the legendary Crimson Tide athletic program, which has won dozens of NCAA championships, including 16 national championships. Students from around the world travel to Tuscaloosa to study at this historic institution, where they provide a creative, nurturing campus environment where students learn from the best and brightest faculty in the nation.
The UA campus is situated on 1,200 beautiful acres and features student housing, state-of-the-art labs and classrooms, libraries, museums, plenty of dining options, landmarks, sporting facilities, and much more.
Quick UA Facts
- Enrolled students – more than 37,000
- More than 500 student organizations
- Ranked among the top 50 public universities in the nation by U.S. News and World Report’s for more than a decade
- The School of Law ranked 26th among all law schools in the nation (9th among public universities)
- The School of Library and Information Studies ranked 28th nationally (25th among public universities)
- U.S. News and World Report ranks UA’s Manderson Online Business Master’s programs 14th in the nation
- PRWeek Magazine recognized the public relations program in UA’s College of Communication and Information Sciences as one of the top five programs in the nation seven times
- 51 UA students have been named Goldwater Scholars
- UA has produced – 15 Rhodes Scholars, 16 Truman Scholars, 32 Hollings Scholars, and 11 Boren Scholars
- 30 UA faculty have received NSF CAREER Awards