Discover Tuscaloosa Attractions
No matter what brings you to Tuscaloosa, you’ll find plenty to entertain you during your stay. Visit a local museum, watch a NCAA basketball game, or explore historic sites and homes. These are just a few of your options when you stay at Hotel Capstone.
Our Hotel is near the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, Paul Bryant Museum, & More
We are conveniently located near the best attractions in Tuscaloosa. In the mood for some sports? Our hotel is near Coleman Coliseum, home of the University of Alabama NCAA men's and women's basketball teams. Here for a concert? We’re just a few minutes away from the premier concert venue in western Alabama, the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. Want to learn about some of the local history? Visit the Paul W. Bryant Museum, Alabama Museum of Natural History, or the Battle-Friedman House. All this, and much more, awaits you during your visit to Tuscaloosa.
Paul W. Bryant Museum (0.1 mile)
This sports museum offers a personal and candid look into the life and history of Paul “Bear” Bryant, who became the top coach in college football history with an impressive 323 career victories. Learn about Crimson Tide football throughout the decades and how Bryant went from a humble Arkansas farm boy to an American legend. Multimedia exhibits make this fun for kids and adults of all ages.
Hours: Daily, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Prices: Adults – $2, Children (ages 6-17) – $1, Seniors – $1
Coleman Coliseum (0.3 mile)
This multipurpose arena is home to University of Alabama’s NCAA men’s basketball team and women’s gymnastics team. Coleman Coliseum also hosts concerts and other special events and offers seating for 15,000 people.
Tuscaloosa Amphitheater (2.4 miles)
The largest outdoor music venue in western Alabama, this theater hosts big names of all genres from rock and country to classical and jazz. Tuscaloosa Amphitheater opened in 2011 and is connected to Tuscaloosa Riverwalk, nestled against the Hugh R. Thomas Bridge. Its beautiful landscaped space offers a unique event experience everyone is sure to enjoy.
Box Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Additional Attractions & Points of Interest
- Denny Chimes, 0.5 miles
- Alabama Museum of Natural History, 0.7 miles
- Gorgas House, 0.8 miles
- Black Warrior River, 1 mile
- Battle-Friedman House, 1.6 miles
- Transportation Museum, 1.7 miles
- Murphy Collons House, 1.7 miles
- Paul R. Jones Gallery, 1.7 miles
- Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion, 1.8 miles
- Children's Hands-On Museum, 1.8 miles
- The Historic Drish House, 1.9 miles
- Dinah Washington Cultural Arts Center, 1.9 miles
- Bama Theatre, 2 miles
- Tuscaloosa River Market, 2.1 miles
- Capitol Park, 2.2 miles
- Tuscaloosa Museum of Art: Home of the Westervelt Collection, 2.5 miles
- Kentuck Art Center & Museum, 2.9 miles
- Cobb Theatres Hollywood 16 & IMAX, 3.2 miles
- The University of Alabama Arboretum, 4.9 miles
- Ol' Colony Golf Complex, 6.2 miles
- Munny Sokol Park, 6.3 miles
- Theatre Tuscaloosa, 8.6 miles
- Lake Tuscaloosa, 11.9 miles
- Lake Lurleen State Park, 13.8 miles
- Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Factory, 18.2 miles